понедельник, 31 декабря 2012 г.

SPRUCEHILL




Nothing more to say, that this band was great and obscure, as usual. Tunes are sooo sweet, I have been listening to their recordings for hundred times. Reminds me Braid, Boys life, Christie front drive and bands like this - very melodic, no heaviness at all. I really got lack of information about the band itself, could be so great to hear some stories from you. Everything I can say for sure, that there were 3 of them, they were from Canada, they made a split with Johnathan Thomas (pre or not pre-Grade) in 1996 and perfomed with a recording in a classic Strategem #2 compilation «World domination in 13 easy steps» in 1997. I do not even know their names, one of them was Duncan McEwen (on the left). I have founded his facebook page, but he does not reply to my message and I feel sad.

Sprucehill \ Johnathan Thomas split
Fallen tree recordings, 1996



Sprucehill - pacific select
Sprucehill - honky tonk
Sprucehill - crash
Sprucehill - macadamia
Sprucehill - enchantment under the sea
Sprucehill - outpost
Sprucehill - my island friend
Johnathan thomas - smile of the dollar
Johnathan thomas - Johnathan thomas said
Johnathan thomas - jump on the rocket space cadet
Johnathan thomas - leave it to chico
Johnathan thomas - bitersweet sixteen
Johnathan thomas - in spite of myself
Johnathan thomas - the galloper


Strategem #2 compilation
World domination in 13 easy steps
Stratagem ripcords, 1997


12 Sprucehill - Yellow block rooftop
Enjoy! and Hny(

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий